Emma M. Oliver
Detail-oriented, story-driven show writer with an affinity for creating innovative and emotionally inspiring experiences.
Passionate about writing compelling and immersive guest-centered entertainment.
- International Screenplay Competition Semifinalist 2023
- Comedy Screenplay Finalist for Crown Independent Film Festival 2022
- Official Selection for Toronto Comedy & Screenplay Festival 2022
- Finalist for London Independent Story Prize 2021
- Work featured in Tribeca 2021
- Published in Sunbeams 2020
- Published in Height Chart 2020
- Published in Pluviophile 2020
- Top 1% of writers selected for Tales Beta
- Playdate Theatre, Screen-Play Finalist 2020
- Cornell’s Theme Park Design Competition First Runner-Up 2019
- Savannah Film Festival 2019
- Red Eye Shorts Competition Finalist 2019
- SE Emmy-Winning Animated Short 2019
- Kennedy Center Page-to-Stage Festival 2015
- M.F.A. in Dramatic Writing Savannah College of Art and Design, May 2019
- Certificate in Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Certificate in Conversation Design Career Foundry, 2021
- B.A. with Distinction in English (Writing)
- B.A. with Departmental Honors in Spanish
- Minor in Leadership Studies Christopher Newport University, May 2016
- Show Writing
- Blue Sky, Concept, Story and Creative Development
- Writing for Immersive Experience Design
- Creative Problem Solving
- Script Writing
- Creative Direction
- Executive Presentations
- Grammar, Proofreading, Editing
(Screenwriting, Narrative Design, and Copywriting Below)
Show Writer at Falcon’s Creative Group
• Develop attraction concepts, copy, original characters, and worlds for LBEs, theme parks, and water parks with clients around the world.
• Script story-driven media-based attractions for proprietary and partnered IPs.
• Partner with EVP of Creative Development to create and expand proprietary IPs.
• Write project proposals, pitch decks, website copy, blogs, and company bios.
Show Writer at Disney Parks, Experiences & Products
• Concept and script live entertainment for Disney Parks & Resorts and Disney Cruise Line, including Pixar Day at Sea.
• Work with Show Directors to develop youth programs, game shows, theatrical experiences, and themed events featuring Disney, Pixar, Marvel, and Star Wars IPs.
Show Writer at Universal Studios Japan
• Script multi-million dollar experiences and theatrical productions.
• Story lead and narrative designer for hundreds of entertainment, retail, dining, and event experiences at world’s 4th most popular theme park.
• Write, edit, and present concepts, treatments, and placemaking.
• Concepted & scripted 10 + interactives, games, and mobile applications for USJ.
• Edit product, web, app, social, and studio guide copy; signage; press releases; and safety spiels for diverse Marketing, Merchandise, Operations, and Food partners.
Show Writer with Haunted Road
• Research and write concept presentation decks for live entertainment experiences.
• Write script and copy for drive-through attraction, walkthrough, and themed dining.
Show Writer with MDSX
• Define narrative and design concepts for themed environments, exhibits, and resorts.
Show Writer with SuperTee
• Craft magical moments for children with critical illnesses.
• Concept low-budget additions to existing SuperTee
and support morale.
Show Writer with Disney Cruise Line
• Collaborated with Show Director to write scripts for interactive live shows.
Show Writer with Universal Creative
• Wrote concepts, treatments, and copy for shows, events, and spectaculars at Universal Studios Japan.
Show Writer with Hotopp Associates
• Created narratives and presentation decks for SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment.
Show Writer at SCAD
• Wrote themed and VR experience treatments, scripts, and lyrics with industry veterans.
Show Writer with Superfly LLC
• Produced concepts, show flows, and pitch deck for Seinfeld and Friends experiences.
Show Writer Intern at Disney Live Entertainment
• Worked with creative team on over 100 live entertainment, guest interaction, and design narrative projects for Walt Disney World Parks, Resorts, and Cruise Line.
• Wrote high concepts, treatments, and scripts including lyrics.
Development Writer at Falcon’s Creative Group
• Partner with EVP of Creative Development to create and expand proprietary IPs for SVOD, AVOD, and feature films.
• Work with writers’ room to plan animated series arc; scripted several episodes.
• Support IP continuity across mediums.
Writer with Bad Brain Creative
• Developed beat sheets and pitch decks for animated content.
• Compiled art direction packages.
• Wrote fantasy graphic novel.
• Supported creative director with story and creative problem-solving.
Video Writer with Typsy
• Script e-learning course training videos for the attractions industry in Australia.
Staff Writer with SCAD
• Staff Writer for Original Multi-Camera Sitcom
• Lead Writer on an Animated Short Film
• Story Writer on a Special Effects Short Film
• Writer/Producer on an environmentalism PSA
Narrative Design & AI Experience
Senior Writer & Content Manager at Gemsouls
• Provided creative direction and scripting for AI-powered experience.
• Developed backstory for original characters.
• Managed a team of 11 writers and provide edits and feedback.
Writer with Authentic Artists
• Developed characters, backstories, and design narratives for AI-powered performers.
Writer & Conversational Designer at West Coast University
• Collaborate with cross-functional Innovation Lab to reimagine the education experience using experience design principles and cutting-edge technology.
• Concept and script VR experiences, apps, and dramatic bingeworthy educational series that are informative, interactive, and engaging.
• Write, develop, and test state-of-the-art interactions with AI-powered digital humans.
Game Writer with Tales
• Designed and developed user experience, including branching narrative.
Writer & Editor with CopyPress
• Write engaging and informative articles for clients like Hermès, Hot Topic, and IKEA.
• Edit articles to meet style guide and provide feedback to writers on grammar, organization, and style.
• Edited and fact-checked fiction and non-fiction manuscripts.
• Proofread manuscripts for grammar and syntax.
• Provided authors with feedback to improve story structure, character development, and rhyme scheme.
• Key Projects: The Creation of the American States by A. Ward Burian, In Time by Ford Murphy.