Emma M. Oliver
Detail-oriented, story-driven show writer with an affinity for creating innovative and emotionally inspiring experiences.
Passionate about writing compelling and immersive guest-centered entertainment.
- Show Writing
- Blue Sky, Concept, Story and Creative Development
- Writing for Immersive Experience Design
- Creative Problem Solving
- Script Writing
- Creative Direction
- Executive Presentations
- Grammar, Proofreading, Editing
- Finalist for London Independent Story Prize 2021
- Work featured in Tribeca 2021
- Published in Sunbeams 2020
- Published in Height Chart 2020
- Published in Pluviophile 2020
- Top 1% of writers selected for Tales Beta
- Playdate Theatre, Screen-Play Finalist 2020
- Cornell’s Theme Park Design Competition First Runner-Up 2019
- Savannah Film Festival 2019
- Red Eye Shorts Competition Finalist 2019
- SE Emmy-Winning Animated Short 2019
- Kennedy Center Page-to-Stage Festival 2015
- M.F.A. in Dramatic Writing Savannah College of Art and Design, May 2019
- Certificate in Diversity, Equity & Inclusion UCF, 2021
- Certificate in Conversation Design Career Foundry, 2021
- B.A. with Distinction in English (Writing)
- B.A. with Departmental Honors in Spanish
- Minor in Leadership Studies Christopher Newport University, May 2016
Show Writer with Haunted Road
• Research and write concept presentation decks for live entertainment experiences.
• Write script and copy for drivethrough attraction, walkthrough, and themed dining.
Show Writer with MDSX
• Define narrative and design concepts for themed environments, exhibits, and resorts.
Senior Writer & Content Manager at Gemsouls
• Provided creative direction and scripting for AI-powered experience.
• Developed backstory for original characters.
• Managed a team of 11 writers and provide edits and feedback.
Writer with Authentic Artists
• Developed characters, backstories, and design narratives for AI-powered performers.
Show Writer with SuperTee
• Craft magical moments for children with critical illnesses.
• Concept low-budget additions to existing SuperTee experience to further immersion
and support morale.
Writer with Bad Brain Creative
• Developed beat sheets and pitch decks for animated content.
• Compiled art direction packages.
• Wrote fantasy graphic novel.
• Supported creative director with story and creative problem-solving.
Writer & Conversational Designer at West Coast University
• Collaborate with cross-functional Innovation Lab to reimagine the education experience using experience design principles and cutting-edge technology.
• Concept and script VR experiences, apps, and dramatic bingeworthy educational series that are informative, interactive, and engaging.
• Write, develop, and test state-of-the-art interactions with AI-powered digital humans.
Writer & Editor with CopyPress
• Write engaging and informative articles for clients like Hermès, Hot Topic, and IKEA.
• Edit articles to meet style guide and provide feedback to writers on grammar, organization, and style.
Writer with Typsy
• Script e-learning course training videos for the attractions industry in Australia.
Show Writer with Disney Cruise Line
• Collaborated with Show Director to write scripts for interactive live shows.
Game Writer with Tales
• Designed and developed user experience, including branching narrative.
Show Writer with Universal Creative
• Wrote concepts, treatments, and copy for shows, events, and spectaculars at USJ.
Show Writer with Hotopp Associates
• Created narratives and presentation decks for SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment.
Show Writer at SCAD
• Wrote themed and VR experience treatments, scripts, and lyrics with industry veterans.
Show Writer with Superfly LLC
• Produced concepts, show flows, and pitch deck for Seinfeld and Friends experiences.
• Edited and fact-checked fiction and non-fiction manuscripts.
• Proofread manuscripts for grammar and syntax.
• Provided authors with feedback to improve story structure, character development, and rhyme scheme.
• Key Projects: The Creation of the American States by A. Ward Burian, In Time by
Show Writer Intern at Disney Live Entertainment
• Worked with creative team on over 100 live entertainment, guest interaction, and design narrative projects for Walt Disney World Parks, Resorts, and Cruise Line.
• Wrote high concepts, treatments, and scripts including lyrics.